The reading section of the Pearson Test of English (PTE) exam includes five different types of questions that test your ability to understand written English:
- Fill in the Blanks: This task requires you to fill in missing words in a passage of text to complete it. You will be evaluated on your ability to understand the context and to choose the appropriate word to fill in the gap.
- Multiple Choice, Single Answer: This task involves reading a passage of text and selecting the correct answer from a list of options.
- Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer: This task involves reading a passage of text and selecting two or more correct answers from a list of options.
- Re-order Paragraphs: This task requires you to read a set of paragraphs and reorder them to form a coherent text.
- Reading & Writing Fill in the Blanks: This task requires you to read a passage of text and fill in missing words in the text and then summarize the main points in one sentence.
To perform well in the reading section of the PTE exam, it’s important to have good reading comprehension skills and an advanced knowledge of English vocabulary and grammar. Additionally, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions on the PTE exam and to practice reading English texts on a regular basis.