- Listen to the phrasing of the sentence as it is read aloud
- You will be scored on the correct word sequences that you produce for this item type, so the more phrases you understand, the better your reproduction of the sentence will be.
- If you listen for meaningful phrases in the sentence, you will have a better chance of repeating what you hear accurately.
- Copy the stress and intonation patterns of the sentence you hear
- Make a mental note of the way the speaker uses stress and intonation on the recording. These patterns help to convey the meaning.
- Speak calmly and clearly, copying this stress and intonation.
Tips and tricks in Read Aloud can easily increase your score in both Speaking and Reading. Despite this, this is perhaps one of the most