- Do not pause for too long when you answer the question.
- You hear a short question, and then the recording status box will change to recording. Start your answer as soon as this happens. If you wait for more than 3 seconds, the recording will stop, and the item status will change to ‘completed’, which means that you have lost your chance to give your answer.
- When you have started talking, don’t stop for more than a second or two until you have finished. If you stop for 3 seconds while speaking, the recording status will change to ‘completed’ even if you haven’t finished, and you won’t be able to continue answering.
- If the status changes to ‘completed’, you have to click ‘Next’ to move on to the next item. This also applies to speaking item types Read aloud, Repeat sentence, Describe image and Re-tell lecture.
- Do not try to give a long answer. There is no point in saying more than you need to say. Marks are awarded for a short, accurate answer. There are no extra marks for additional words.