In this section, you will be shown an image that you have to describe within 4 seconds.You can finish your speech earlier than 4 seconds but anything you say after 4 seconds will not be recorded. You should aim to cover the most important aspects of the image rather than cover just one feature in details. A systematic approach and appropriate expressions are paramount and so are the clear pronunciation and smooth speech. Here are some of the points that may help you improve your score in this section.
Speaking is more about how you say something than what you say. Therefore, be more organised and systematic.
- Overview sentence
- Description (Usually three points)
- Summary/Future development/implications
How to provide overview
- This diagram provides an overview of
- The given graphs are about the comparative study of
- The line graph in the question shows the changing trend
- The data in the question show two sets of related information about
This is an example of how you can learn some generic expressions to better start your presentation. If you are interested in learning more about these types of expressions and want to get your score quickly, contact us for a free trial session.